If you sign up for any WTS qualifying courses on your own, you are eligible for training allowance of $4.50 for each hour of training. Your claim may be rejected if you cannot show that your training is relevant to your job.*
*Terms & Conditions Apply
Who can qualify?
You must meet the following WTS eligibility criteria:
- You are a Singapore citizen;
- You are aged 35 years and above (aged 13 years and above for persons with disabilities); and
- You earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,000 for the months worked.
How to apply and claim?
From 1 January 2018, when you pay for your own training, you will qualify for training allowance if:
- you complete and pass the course with minimum 75% attendance;
- the course that you attended started within your WTS eligibility period;
- you are not barred from receiving SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) / Workforce Singapore (WSG) / Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) grants; and
- the training course attended is assessed by WSG to be relevant to the job / sector you are working in.
You will only need to make one trip to any of
WSG’s Careers Connect or NTUC’s e2i centres within 120 days after the course end date to apply and submit the claim application.
You must bring the following original documents:
- WTS notification letter (of the year in which the course was taken);
- Valid bank book or statement;
- Certification slip (from the Training Provider); and
- Valid employment documentation that prove job relevancy:
- Any one month’s payslip / CPF statement showing employer’s contribution, dated within 3 months from the date of claim;
- Employment letter / Contract of service or equivalent, dated within 3 months from the date of claim; or
- Accounting and Corporate Regulatory (ACRA) business registration and business transaction documents, e.g. revenue receipt / invoice.
You may also go to the following Self-Help Groups to apply and submit your claim application: