If you sign up and pay for any WSS qualifying courses on your own, you are eligible for training allowance (TA) of $6.00 for each hour of training*, up to a cap of 180 hours per WSS eligibility year.
*Eligible courses include outcome-based courses offered by SSG-appointed CET centre and courses under the cleaning, security, landscape and lift sectors
Who can qualify?
You must meet the following WSS eligibility criteria:
- You are a Singapore citizen;
- You are aged 35 years and above (aged 13 years and above for persons with disabilities);
- You are a Self-Employed Person who declared your Net Trade Income or work done in the preceding Work Year and made Medisave contributions;
- You earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,300 for the past 12 months;
- You live in a property with an annual value of less than $13,000 assessed as at 31 December of the preceding year;
- You own less than two properties; and
- If you are married:
- Together with your spouse, both of you own less than two properties; or
- Your spouse’s assessable income for the preceding Year of Assessment is less than $70,000
How to apply and claim?
From 1 July 2020, when you pay for your own training, you will qualify for training allowance if:
- you complete and pass the course with minimum 75% attendance;
- the course that you attended started within your WSS eligibility period;
- you are not barred from receiving SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) / Workforce Singapore (WSG) / Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) grants; and
- the training course attended is an outcome-based course offered by SSG-appointed CET centres and courses under the cleaning, security, landscape and lift sectors
You will need to have a valid PayNow account tied to your NRIC number for TA to be disbursed to you.
If you are self-employed and hence do not have CPF contributions, you may submit your TA claims online here. Please refer to the step-by-step guide on how to file your TA online here. Should you require assistance with e-submission, you may visit either Workforce Singapore (WSG) Careers Connect at Lifelong Learning Institute or Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) centre at Devan Nair Institute for Employment and Employability for on-site assistance to submit your TA claims online.