If you sign up and pay for any WSS qualifying courses on your own, you are eligible for training allowance (TA) of $6.00 for each hour of training*, up to a cap of 180 hours per WSS eligibility year.
* Eligible courses include outcome-based courses offered by SSG-appointed CET centre and courses under the cleaning, security, landscape and lift sectors
Who can qualify?
You must meet the following WSS eligibility criteria:
- You are a Singapore citizen;
- You are aged 35 years and above (aged 13 years and above for persons with disabilities);
- You are an employee;
- You earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,300 for the past 12 months;
- You live in a property with an annual value of less than $13,000 assessed as at 31 December of the preceding year;
- You own less than two properties; and
- If you are married:
- Together with your spouse, both of you own less than two properties; or
- Your spouse’s assessable income for the preceding Year of Assessment is less than $70,000
How to apply and claim?
From 1 July 2020, when you pay for your own training, you will qualify for training allowance if:
- you complete and pass the course with minimum 75% attendance;
- the course that you attended started within your WSS eligibility period;
- you are not barred from receiving SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) / Workforce Singapore (WSG) / Employment and Employability Institute (e2i) grants; and
- the training course attended is an outcome-based course offered by SSG-appointed CET centres and courses under the cleaning, security landscape and lift sectors
If you are employed, your employer will be making regular CPF contributions to your CPF account, and you are not required to apply for TA. You need to have a valid PayNow account tied to your NRIC number for TA to be disbursed to you.