You will qualify for WIS if you:
- are a Singapore Citizen;
- are 35 years old or above on 31 December of the work year (all persons with disabilities would qualify for WIS); and
- earn a gross monthly income1 of not more than $2,000 for the month worked2.
However, you will
not qualify for WIS if you:
- live in a property with an annual value3 of more than $13,000 assessed as at 31 December of the preceding year;
- own two or more properties; or
- if married:
- you and your spouse together own two or more properties; or
- the assessable income of your spouse for the preceding Year of Assessment exceeds $70,000.
If you are a Self-Employed Person, you must have also declared your net trade income for work done in the Work Year and made MediSave contributions.
1Gross monthly income includes basic salary and additional wages such as overtime pay and bonuses
2In addition, you must earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,000 in the past 12 months.
3Annual value is the estimated gross annual rent of the property if it were to be rented out, excluding furniture, furnishings and maintenance fees. It is determined based on estimated market rentals of similar or comparable properties.