One will qualify for enhanced WIS for work done from 1 January 2020, if he/she:
- is a Singapore Citizen;
- is aged 35 years and above on 31 December of the work year (all persons with disabilities would qualify for WIS); and
- earns a gross monthly income1 of not more than $2,300 for the month worked2.
However, one will not qualify for WIS if he/she:
- lives in a property with an annual value3 of more than $13,000 assessed as at 31 December of the preceding year;
- owns two or more properties; or
- if married:
- he/she and his/her spouse together own two or more properties; or
- the assessable income of his/her spouse for the preceding Year of Assessment exceeds $70,000.
If one is a Self-Employed Person, he/she must have also declared his/her net trade income for work done in the Work Year and made MediSave contributions.
1Gross monthly income includes basic salary and additional wages such as overtime pay and bonuses.
2In addition, one must earn an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,300 in the past 12 months.
3Annual value is the estimated gross annual rent of the property if it were to be rented out, excluding furniture, furnishings and maintenance fees. It is determined based on estimated market rentals of similar or comparable properties.